The Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce and Kittitas County Board of Commissioners Release Kittitas County Strong Nonprofit Grant
ELLENSBURG, WA - November 4, 2020 - As of November 4, 2020, the Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce will be distributing the Kittitas County Strong Nonprofit Grant, allowing nonprofits to use the awarded funds towards rent or mortgage support, utilities assistance (e.g. gas, power, water, sewer), location cleaning, safety supplies, inventory purchases, physical site reconfigurations and employee assistance (e.g. transportation, gear). This grant is made possible by the Kittitas County Board of Commissioners with the total amount available of $275,000.
The grant cannot be used for owners or employee wages, anything not associated with reopening or adapting a business that existed prior to March 1, 2020 and/or any expenses that have been or will be reimbursed by other federal funding programs (e.g. Economic Disaster Injury Loans or Payroll Protection Program). Those that are eligible must meet this criteria:
- Headquarters must be located in Kittitas County.
- Must be a 501(c)3, 501(c)6, and/or 501(c)4 tax-exempt nonprofit.
- Priority for public-facing nonprofits providing Arts, environmental, and public/community benefit organizations are eligible to apply. Essential Services nonprofits may also apply (e.g. healthcare, shelter, hunger relief, family support and other services).
- Must be currently operating or in operations as of March 1, 2020 and now reopening.
- Childcare providers are eligible IF they provide other services (childcare-only nonprofits serviced elsewhere).
- Grant funding must be used for COVID-19 related impact reimbursement and/or COVID-19 induced operational expenses (self-attest certification and acknowledgement required).
- Eligibility for religious organizations will be determined on a case by case basis. To be considered their programs must meet the critical need in the community and not require religious participation.
For more information about the Kittitas County Strong Nonprofit Grant, please go to kittitascountychamber.com/loans-and-grants. Completed applications must be sent to email@example.com. The application closes on November 18, 2020 at 5 p.m. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact the Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce CEO Amy McGuffin by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (509) 925-2002.
About the Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce: The Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce is the largest business support and development organization in Kittitas County, and one of the largest in Central Washington. With 488 members representing every business sector, the Chamber and its committees oversee county-wide tourism promotion and economic development initiatives and a range of business support tools including publications, web services, seminars and even leadership development for a new generation.
Emily Masseth, Communications Manager